Energy Savers : At Work
Because we live in a time of technology, we spend many hours using our electrical devices to manage all of our priorities in one day. As a result, we consume a large amount of energy on a day-to-day basis at work.
These actions not only affect the financial sustainability of the business, as the high use of energy can cause high electricity bills, but they also affect the environment.
During the summer, we use our air conditioners many more hours and we use the lights even when we do not need them. As a result, we can consume more energy than the rest of the year.
We all want to save energy but we may be choosing the difficult way instead of trying something really simple.
There are many small things that we can do every day at work to reduce the energy we consume and protect the environment.
Find below some simple tips you can follow to reduce the energy you consume at work.
- Switch off the lights when you do not use them.
- Turn off equipment when not in use.
- Use recycled materials.
- Open the windows instead of using your air conditioner.
- Buy a programmable thermostat
- When you leave the office, check that all the electronics in the office are turned off.
- In the summer, choose natural lighting instead of turning on lights.
- Change your electrical devices with environmentally friendly devices