The WISE Home Energy Program is your one-stop-shop to stop burning money on energy and have a more comfortable and healthy home, regardless of income. Whether you want to check for shortcuts by your builder,
increase the resell value of your home, or just cut your utility bills, WISE can help you. Our program is available to homeowners in the Alabama counties of Cullman, Jefferson, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Morgan and Shelby.
The WISE Home Energy Program provides up to $750 in rebates to homeowners who install efficiency measures that result in an energy savings of at least 20%. Typically, the average energy assessment costs only $350 AND our rebate will cover your assessment cost just for reaching 20% energy savings! All WISE Energy Assessments come with a free Energy Performance Score (EPS) that rates your home just like a miles-per-gallon score rates your car.
What’s a WISE home? Ask yourself the following questions:
Is your home as energy efficient as it could be?
Is your home comfortable at all times?
Does your home conserve natural resources?
Are you saving money on your home’s utility bills?
Did you answer “no” to any of those questions? Well, your home probably isn’t very WISE… But you can change that with up to $750 in instant rebates for home improvements!
Once you’ve decided to make your home WISE, follow these steps:
- Contact a WISE energy assessment professional or call (256) 539-6272 (Huntsville Area) or (205) 202-WISE (Birmingham Area)
- Schedule the home energy assessment with a WISE energy professional
- Evaluate recommendations from the energy assessment
- Schedule the upgrades to your home with a qualified contractor. Click Huntsville or Birmingham.
- Receive instant rebates!
Alabama WISE is made possible through the participation of dedicated and professional local and national partners, who assist in the design and implementation of the program. Our project partners include:
- Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Advanced Energy
- Earth Advantage Institute
- Nexus Energy Center
- Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs