Residential Incentive Structure
Are You Eligible?
- Home is located within Madison, Jefferson, Shelby, Morgan, Limestone, Lawrence or Cullman County
- Up to $750 toward energy assessment and upgrades for reaching at least 20% energy savings.
- A customer should expect that an average-sized home would take approximately $350 of the $750 rebate for an energy assessment.
- Financing is available at 6% interest for up $15,000 over 10 years. For more information, visit www.alabamawise.org/apply
Eligible Improvements and Rebates:
- $75.00/building – Air sealing using foam and/or caulk
- $210.00/building – Attic insulation bringing total value to R-38 or higher*
- $15.00/door – Door weather-stripping, threshold, or replacement
- $120.00/system – Duct sealing or duct repair using mastic and duct replacement
- $350.00/building – Encapsulate attic with spray foam insulation, bringing duct-work into conditioned space
- $250.00/building – Encapsulate attic with spray foam insulation, no duct work included
- $350.00/building – Installation of a spray foam closed crawlspace system, bringing duct-work into conditioned space
- $250.00/building – Installation of a spray foam closed crawlspace system, no duct work included.
- $40.00/building – Installation of crawl-space ground cover
- $15.00/window – Low-E coating or film brings window performance to ENERGY STAR level
- $25.00/window ($250 max) – New energy efficient windows rated better than 0.31 U-Value and 0.30 Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC)
- Use In-Like (same type window material) if required by code or other legal authority
- $40.00/thermostat – Purchase, installation, and programming of a programmable thermostat
- $250.00/HVAC – Purchase and installation of a new ENERGY STAR-rated HVAC system
- $150.00/building – Purchase and installation of ENERGY STAR-rated water heater
- $25.00/building – Purchase and installation of hot-water heater pipe insulation
- $25.00/building Purchase and installation of hot-water heater tank insulation
- $210.00/building – Purchase and installation of R-19 or higher floor insulation*
- $50.00/building – Repair and/or sealing of windows & doors
- $75.00/building – Seal attic walls with foam board
- $50.00/HVAC – Servicing of central HVAC equipment
- $20.00/access – Weather-strip and insulate attic access doors
* – To receive rebate for insulation, air sealing of the area to be insulated must first occur.